fotofever paris launches a parcours of Parisian galleries from 20 April through to 1 May
In April 2017, the French capital will live and breathe photography. It is during this artistic effervescence that fotofever chose to reinforce its START TO COLLECT program with the creation of a second event: the fotofever parcours paris (gallery tour).
Through the parcours, fotofever and its partnering galleries will pursue their common goals: to discover new talent and to share the emotions linked to acquiring a work of art.
What is the fotofever parcours paris ?
• A selection of exhibitions dedicated to the discovery of emerging and forgotten talents
• Guided tours to aid meetings between gallerists and artists
• A selection of START TO COLLECT artworks < €5,000
• An informative accompaniment for aspiring collectors in their first purchase
• Les p’tits collectionneurs, a parent & children’s exploration program
Cécile Schall, founder of fotofever, recalls “seven out of ten French people have never stepped foot in a gallery, and only twenty percent have considered it as a place of purchase.
The parcours emerged out of the need to encourage the public to cross the threshold of galleries doors, and to highlight the galleries’ role in guiding visitors, most notably new collectors!”
The fotofever parcours paris is integrated in the Mois de la Photo - OFF program, which has celebrated the diversity of photographic creation in Paris for the past twenty years.